Tumblr, please spread this like WILDFIRE. This teenager has been wrongly suspected of being one of the Boston bombers. He’s scared for his family.
Please pass it on.
This really brings tears to my eyes wallahi
For those not familiar with Joe Arpaio, he is the county sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona. He keeps getting re-elected over and over again. These are some of the reasons why:
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio created the “tent city jail” to save Arizona from spending tens of millions of dollars on another expensive prison complex; inmates sleep in tents!
- He has jail meals down to 20 cents a serving and charges the inmates for them.
- He banned smoking and pornographic magazines in the jails, took away their weightlifting equipment and cut off all but “G” movies. He says, “They’re in jail to pay a debt to society, not to build muscles so they can assault innocent people when they leave.”
- He started chain gangs to use the inmates to do free work on county and city projects and save taxpayer’s money. Men work in pink “Clean(ing) and Sober” shirts. Their underwear is also pink!
- Then he started chain gangs for women so he wouldn’t get sued for discrimination.
- He took away cable TV until he found out there was a federal court order that required cable TV for jails. So he hooked up the cable TV again but only allows the Disney Channel and The Weather Channel. When asked why the weather channel, he replied, “So these morons will know how hot it’s gonna be while they are working on my chain gangs.”
- He cut off coffee because it has zero nutritional value and is therefore a waste of taxpayer money. When the inmates complained, he told them, “This isn’t the Ritz. If you don’t like it, don’t come back.”
- He also bought the Newt Gingrich lecture series on US history that he pipes into the jails. When asked by a reporter if he had any lecture series by a Democrat, he replied that a democratic lecture series that actually tells the truth for a change would be welcome and that it might even explain why 95% of the inmates were in his jails in the first place.
- With temperatures being even hotter than usual in Phoenix (116° F set a new record for June 2, 2009), the Associated Press reported that about 2,000 inmates living in a tent encampment surrounded by barbed wire at the Maricopa County Jail have been given permission to strip down to their government-issued pink boxer shorts. On that Wednesday, hundreds of men wearing pink boxer shorts were overheard chatting in the tents, where temperatures reached 128 degrees. “This is hell. It feels like we live in a furnace,” said Ernesto Gonzales, an inmate for 2 years with 10 more to go. “It’s inhumane.”
- Joe Arpaio, who makes his prisoners wear pink and eat bologna sandwiches, is not one bit sympathetic. “Criminals should be punished for their crimes, not live in luxury until it’s time for parole, only to go out and commit more crimes so they can come back in to live on taxpayers money and enjoy things many taxpayers can’t afford to have for themselves.”
- The same day he told all the inmates who were complaining of the heat in the tents: “It’s between 120 to 130 degrees in Iraq and our soldiers are living in tents there too, and they have to walk all day in that sun, wearing full battle gear and getting shot at, and THEY have not committed any crimes, so shut your damned mouths!”
Sheriff Joe was just re-elected for the fourteenth time as Sheriff in Maricopa County, Arizona.
Beckham only knows one way to say farewell
Yesterday good friend of AFR Rocco Cammisola tweeted, “I didn’t realise the MLS Cup Final was Beckham vs Houston. He’s bound to get outnumbered.” It’s true, the media reduced this match into Beckham’s final farewell in Hollywood. But, to a degree, the attention was well-deserved. And Beckham’s leaving his legacy in American soccer as a champion, which is just how he left Manchester United and Real Madrid.
Last week Galaxy fan and esteemed writer Maxi Rodriguez summed up his Beckham experience for us: “If Beckham found himself in the pitted grass that makes up the Home Depot Center pitch, I hope that it was a fulfilling moment, befitting of a man who gave the rest of us so much. And if he’s still searching for himself, still drawn to the allure of another adventure, at least there remains one more opportunity to provide the requiem he so deserves. I feel honored to have watched him in person, and even more so to have [had] one [last] opportunity.” [Posted by Eric. GIFs by Josh and Love of USSoccer]
Imo Khedira should improve on his offensive part of the game. Would really love to see him as a BTB rather than purely a defensive midfielder.
If you’ve seen a better picture of a dog dressed as two dogs carrying a present today, I don’t believe you.
“Cristiano ronaldo Scored 10 goals vs barcelona in three years.Became from the top scorer in the Clasico.Holds a record in the history of the Clasico is to score 7 goals in 6 consecutive matches.” (x)
Cristiano Ronaldo helps Vincent Kompany | REAL MADRID 1-1 MANCHESTER CITY.
Players helping each other on the field despite the bad attitude of the fans. This should speak volumes.
after all this, how many managers i’m gonna see them get fired by Chelsea?
Official. Thank you for everything Robbie, it’s a shame to part this way, but you’ve been something special.